DIY Earring Display


Hello! I'm so excited it's finally summer, as it means I have so much more time to do fun projects.  It's only my second day home and I've already finished 3 new projects!--that means lots of posts will be coming soon...yay!

This is probably one of the easiest (and cheapest) DIYs I've ever done, but it's super useful and pretty.  My earrings are always getting lost/tangled, so I decided it was time for me to find a better way to store them.  This can also serve as decoration, so it will be useful in filling the walls of my new room next semester!

The only supplies you will need are an embroidery hoop (you can buy wood ones in various sizes for less than a dollar at Michaels), a small piece of lace fabric or other fabric that can be easily penetrated by earring posts (I used an old lace curtain), and scissors.  That's it!









Step 1: Lay your fabric over the embroidery hoop.  Make sure the section you're using doesn't have any imperfections.  If it has a pattern, make sure it is going the way you want it to when its hanging.









Step 2: Push the inner hoop into the outer hoop.  Pull the fabric nice and tight.








Step 3:  Tighten the hoop.  Really, really tight!




















Step 4:  Cut off any excess fabric...you're done! Wasn't that easy?










You can hang this on a hook (perhaps with a display of prints/pictures or mirrors like these), or you can just lean it up against the wall.


Follow The World Through Kaleidoscope Eyes